Welcome to The Journey Seeker! Find out all about Digital nomad in Hue, Vietnam!
Welcome to Hue, Vietnam – the land of pho and funky flip-flops. But don’t be fooled by the laid-back atmosphere, because this city is also home to some of the most dedicated digital nomads in the world. In fact, it’s not uncommon to see a cow wearing headphones while typing away on their laptop (true story).
Atmosphere / Vibes:
Hue has a unique energy that is hard to describe, but easy to feel. It’s a mix of traditional Vietnamese culture and modern-day hustle and bustle. The people are incredibly friendly and always willing to help, and the food is absolutely delicious. Plus, the cost of living is incredibly low, which makes it the perfect place for digital nomads to thrive.
Weather throughout the year:
One of the best things about Hue is the beautiful weather. The city experiences a tropical climate, which means it’s warm and sunny year-round. In the winter, the temperatures are a bit cooler and it can get quite chilly at night, but for the most part, you can expect sunny skies and blue skies. In the summer, the weather is hot and humid, but there are plenty of places to cool off, like the local swimming pool or the nearby beach.
8 reasons why this is the best place for Digital Nomads:
- 1. The cost of living is incredibly low, which means you can live like a king on a digital nomad’s budget.
- 2. The food is absolutely delicious and incredibly cheap. You can get a bowl of pho for less than $1, and it will be the best $1 you’ve ever spent.
- 3. The people are incredibly friendly and welcoming. You’ll feel right at home in Hue, even if you’re from the other side of the world.
- 4. The city has great internet connectivity, so you’ll be able to stay connected and get work done without any issues.
- 5. There are plenty of co-working spaces, cafes, and other places to work and meet other digital nomads.
- 6. The city is small and easy to navigate, so you’ll be able to get around and explore with ease.
- 7. Hue is located near the beach and the mountains, so you’ll be able to enjoy the best of both worlds.
- 8. The city is rich in history and culture, so you’ll never be bored. There are countless temples, museums, and other interesting sights to see and explore.
Top 8 Things to do:
- 1. Visit the Hue Citadel, a massive complex that was once the home of the Nguyen emperors.
- 2. Take a boat tour of the Perfume River and visit the Thien Mu Pagoda, one of the most beautiful temples in Vietnam.
- 3. Explore the Imperial City, a walled fortress that was once the political and cultural heart of Vietnam.
- 4. Visit the Tu Duc Tomb, the final resting place of one of the Nguyen emperors.
- 5. Visit the Dong Ba market, where you can buy everything from fresh produce to handmade crafts.
- 6. Take a day trip to the nearby beach and go swimming or relax in the sun.
- 7. Visit the Tu Hieu Temple, a peaceful and beautiful temple located on the outskirts of the city.
- 8. Try your hand at Vietnamese cooking and attend a cooking class to learn how to make delicious dishes like pho and spring rolls.
Conclusion and Safety:
In conclusion, Hue is an incredible city for digital nomads. The low cost of living, delicious food, and friendly people make it an amazing place to live and work. There are plenty of things to do and see, and the city is safe and easy to navigate. So if you’re a digital nomad looking for your next adventure, consider making Hue your home. You won’t be disappointed!
Wanna find out more about Hue than just digital nomads? Here is another blog post about the top 14 things to do in Hue
Did you like this post? Have a look at our other blog posts about living in Vietnam, such as Da Nang, Mũi Né or Hoi An.