Why settle for a boring office cubicle when you can be a digital nomad in George Town, Penang, Malaysia? It’s the perfect place to set up shop and work remotely, with a thriving community of other nomads and plenty of cafes, co-working spaces, and delicious street food to keep you fueled. Plus, the internet is pretty fast (most of the time).
Welcome to The Journey Seeker! Find out all about Digital nomad in George Town, Penang, Malaysia!
Atmosphere / VibesGeorge Town has a unique blend of old and new, with historic buildings, colorful street art, and bustling markets all mixed in with modern cafes and co-working spaces. The atmosphere is laid-back and friendly, with locals and expats alike welcoming and eager to help out. Plus, the food is amazing. You’ll never go hungry (or sober) in George Town.
Weather throughout the yearOne of the best things about George Town is the weather. It’s tropical, which means you can expect sunny skies and warm temperatures throughout the year. It does get a bit rainy during the monsoon season, but even then the rain is typically warm and doesn’t last long. In short, you’ll be able to enjoy the outdoors year-round in George Town.
8 reasons why this is the best place for Digital Nomads
- Affordable cost of living
- Fast internet (most of the time)
- Thriving community of other nomads
- Plenty of cafes and co-working spaces
- Amazing food (and cheap, too)
- Friendly locals and expats
- Beautiful, historic city to explore
- Great weather year-round
Top 8 Things to do
- Explore the historic streets of George Town
- Check out the colorful street art and murals
- Visit the Penang Hill funicular railway
- Sample the delicious street food (you can’t go wrong with a bowl of laksa)
- Take a cooking class to learn how to make some of the local dishes
- Relax on the sandy beaches of Batu Ferringhi
- Visit the Wat Chaiyamangkalaram temple and the reclining Buddha
- Go island-hopping and visit some of the nearby islands, like Pulau Tikus
Conclusion and SafetyIn conclusion, George Town, Penang, Malaysia is a fantastic place for digital nomads. It’s affordable, has a great community, and offers plenty of opportunities for work and play. Plus, it’s generally a safe place to be, with low crime rates and a friendly atmosphere. So why not give it a try and see if it’s the right place for you? You might just find that it’s the perfect spot to set up your remote office and start your nomadic journey.
Wanna find out more about George Town, Penang than just digital nomads? Here is another blog post about the top 14 things to do in George Town, Penang
Did you like this post? Have a look at our other blog posts about living in Malaysia, such as Kuching, Cameron Highlands or Kuantan.