Digital Nomading in Davao City, Philippines: A Love Letter
Welcome to The Journey Seeker! Find out all about Digital nomad in Davao City, Philippines!
Possible titles for this blog post include: “Why Davao City is the Best Place for Digital Nomads (According to a Very Reliable Source – Me)” or “Davao City: Where the Sun is Always Shining, the Pineapples are Always Juicy, and the Internet is Always Fast (Probably).”
But enough with the jokes – let’s get serious for a moment. As a digital nomad, I’ve had the privilege of traveling to and working from many different cities around the world. And I have to say, out of all the places I’ve been, Davao City is one of my absolute favorites.
Atmosphere / Vibes
First of all, the atmosphere in Davao City is unbeatable. The locals are incredibly friendly and welcoming, and the city has a laid-back, relaxed vibe that is perfect for getting work done. Whether you’re working from a co-working space, a café, or just your hotel room, you’ll feel at home in Davao City.
Weather Throughout the Year
One of the best things about Davao City is the weather. With its tropical climate, the city is warm and sunny throughout the year, with an average temperature of around 27 degrees Celsius. In other words, you can say goodbye to the cold, dreary winters that plague so many other cities, and hello to endless blue skies and warm sunshine.
8 Reasons Why This is the Best Place for Digital Nomads
But enough about the weather – let’s talk about why Davao City is the best place for digital nomads.
- Fast and reliable internet – With a fiber-optic network that covers the entire city, you’ll never have to worry about slow internet speeds or dropped connections.
- Affordable cost of living – Compared to other cities, the cost of living in Davao City is incredibly low. This means you’ll be able to stretch your budget further, and save some money for all the amazing food and activities the city has to offer.
- Beautiful natural surroundings – Davao City is surrounded by stunning natural beauty, from the crystal-clear waters of Samal Island to the lush forests of Mount Apo. In other words, you won’t have to go far to find a beautiful spot for a photo or a quiet place to work.
- Delicious food – As a food lover, I have to mention the amazing cuisine in Davao City. From fresh seafood to exotic fruits, the city has it all. And with a thriving food scene, you’ll never run out of new restaurants and dishes to try.
- Thriving startup scene – Davao City is home to a growing number of startups and tech companies, which means there are plenty of networking opportunities and potential collaborators.
- Easy to get around – With its well-developed public transportation system, getting around Davao City is a breeze. Whether you’re taking a taxi, a jeepney, or the local bus, you’ll be able to get to where you need to go quickly and easily.
- Friendly locals – As I mentioned earlier, the locals in Davao City are incredibly friendly and welcoming.
- Amazing activities – In addition to its beautiful surroundings, Davao City also offers a wide range of activities for digital nomads. From scuba diving and snorkeling to hiking and white-water rafting, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in Davao City.
Top 8 Things to Do
With so much to see and do in Davao City, it can be overwhelming trying to decide what to do first. Here are my top 8 recommendations for things to do in Davao City:
- Visit the Philippine Eagle Center – Located just outside of Davao City, the Philippine Eagle Center is home to the country’s national bird, the Philippine eagle. The center offers guided tours and bird-watching opportunities, and is a must-see for any nature lover.
- Explore the markets – Davao City is home to a number of vibrant markets, where you can find everything from fresh produce to handmade crafts. Be sure to visit the Magsaysay Park Market, the People’s Park Market, and the Aldevinco Shopping Center for some great shopping and people-watching.
- Go island hopping – With its close proximity to Samal Island, Davao City is the perfect starting point for a day of island hopping. Rent a boat and explore the crystal-clear waters and sandy beaches of the island, and be sure to bring your snorkel gear for some amazing underwater adventures.
- Try the local food – As I mentioned earlier, the food in Davao City is absolutely delicious. Be sure to try some of the local specialties, such as kinilaw (raw fish salad), durian fruit, and pomelo. And don’t forget to wash it all down with a refreshing coconut juice or a cold beer.
- Hike Mount Apo – For the adventurous digital nomad, a hike up Mount Apo is a must. At over 2,900 meters tall, the mountain offers stunning views and a challenging trek. Be sure to bring plenty of water and sunscreen, and hire a local guide for a safe and enjoyable hike.
- Visit the museums – Davao City is home to a number of interesting museums, including the D’Bone Collector Museum, the Mindanao Taoist Cemetery, and the Davao Museum of History and Ethnography. Each museum offers a unique look at the history and culture of the city and the surrounding area.
- Relax at the beaches – With its warm climate and beautiful beaches, Davao City is the perfect place to relax and unwind. Be sure to visit some of the city’s popular beaches, such as Mati Beach, Lanang Beach, and Pearl Farm Beach Resort, and spend a day soaking up the sun and swimming in the crystal-clear waters.
- Attend a festival – Davao City is home to a number of lively festivals throughout the year, including the Kadayawan Festival and the Araw ng Dabaw. These festivals offer a unique glimpse into the local culture, with traditional music, dance, and food, and are a must-see for any digital nomad.
Conclusion and Safety
In conclusion, Davao City is an amazing place for digital nomads. With its fast internet, affordable cost of living, beautiful natural surroundings, and amazing food and activities, it’s no wonder that so many digital nomads are choosing to go there.
Wanna find out more about Davao City than just digital nomads? Here is another blog post about the top 14 things to do in Davao City
Did you like this post? Have a look at our other blog posts about living in Philippines, such as Cebu City, Manila or Vigan.