Welcome to Mar del Plata, Argentina! Nestled on the Atlantic coast, this vibrant city is the perfect blend of relaxation and excitement. With its stunning beaches, delicious seafood, and endless entertainment options, Mar del Plata is the ultimate destination for anyone looking to escape the mundane and embrace the absurd.
Welcome to The Journey Seeker! Find out all about best things to do in Mar Del Plata, Argentina!
Atmosphere / VibesMar del Plata exudes a laid-back, carefree atmosphere that is infectious. The locals are friendly and welcoming, always happy to share their city with visitors. And with its vibrant nightlife and bustling streets, Mar del Plata is a city that never sleeps.
Weather throughout the yearMar del Plata has a temperate climate, with warm summers and mild winters. The summer months (December to February) are the most popular time to visit, with temperatures ranging from the mid-70s to low-80s (°F). But even in the winter, Mar del Plata remains a popular destination, with temperatures hovering around the mid-60s. So no matter when you visit, you can expect great weather!
Why Mar del Plata, Argentina is the best place to beMar del Plata has something for everyone. Whether you’re a beach bum looking to soak up the sun, or an adventure seeker searching for new thrills, Mar del Plata has it all. And with its rich cultural history and delicious food, Mar del Plata is a city that you’ll never want to leave.
Cost of TravelMar del Plata is a budget-friendly destination, with affordable accommodations and plenty of free things to do. You can find great deals on flights, and once you’re there, you’ll find that most activities and attractions are reasonably priced. So if you’re looking to stretch your dollar, Mar del Plata is the perfect place to do it.
Top 14 best things to do in Mar del Plata, Argentina
- Relax on the beach. Mar del Plata has some of the most beautiful beaches in Argentina, so it’s the perfect place to kick back and soak up the sun. Don’t forget to bring your sunscreen!
- Try your luck at the Casino Central. This iconic casino is a must-see for anyone visiting Mar del Plata. Even if you’re not a gambling person, the ornate architecture and grandeur of the Casino Central are worth the visit alone.
- Experience the nightlife. Mar del Plata is known for its lively nightlife, with bars, clubs, and restaurants that stay open late. So whether you’re looking to dance the night away or just enjoy a drink with friends, Mar del Plata has you covered.
- Visit the Faro Querandí. This historic lighthouse is located on the outskirts of the city and offers stunning views of the coastline. It’s the perfect spot for a romantic sunset walk.
- Take a stroll through the Mercado de Pescadores. This bustling fish market is a must-visit for seafood lovers. Be sure to try some of the local specialties, like empanadas de pescado (fish empanadas) and ceviche.
- Explore the Museo del Mar. This fascinating museum offers a glimpse into the history and culture of Mar del Plata.
- Go whale watching. Mar del Plata is home to a variety of marine life, and whale watching is a popular activity during the summer months. Head out on a boat tour and see these majestic creatures up close.
- Check out the Museo del Arte Contemporáneo. This contemporary art museum features works by local and international artists, and is a great place to discover new talent.
- Relax at Parque Camet. This scenic park is the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy a bit of nature. It’s a great spot for a picnic or a leisurely stroll.
- Visit the Catedral de Mar del Plata. This stunning cathedral is a must-see for architecture enthusiasts. Its elaborate design and beautiful stained glass windows are truly a sight to behold.
- Go shopping at Paseo Aldrey. This popular shopping district is home to a variety of stores, from luxury brands to local artisanal products. It’s the perfect place to pick up some souvenirs or treat yourself to something special.
- Try your hand at surf or kiteboarding. Mar del Plata is known for its great waves, making it a popular destination for surfers and kiteboarders. There are plenty of schools and rental shops where you can learn or rent gear to hit the waves.
- Take a tour of the city. Mar del Plata has a rich history and culture, and there are several tour companies that offer guided tours of the city. These tours are a great way to learn more about Mar del Plata and see some of the city’s hidden gems.
- Experience the food. Mar del Plata is known for its delicious seafood, and there are plenty of restaurants serving up fresh catches. But the city also has a variety of other cuisine options, from Argentinean BBQ to Italian fare. Don’t leave Mar del Plata without trying some of the local specialties!
ConclusionMar del Plata, Argentina is the ultimate destination for anyone looking to relax, have fun, and experience all that this vibrant city has to offer. With its beautiful beaches, delicious food, and endless entertainment options, Mar del Plata is a place that you’ll never want to leave. So pack your bags and head to Mar del Plata for the vacation of a lifetime!
Have you thought about staying in Mar Del Plata for a little longer and working remotely? Here is another blog post about becoming a Digital Nomad in Mar Del Plata
Did you like this post? Have a look at our other blog posts about living in Argentina, such as El Calafate, Salta or Ushuaia.