Welcome to Belo Horizonte, Brazil! If you’re looking for a city that’s full of love, laughter, and absurdity, then you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we’ll be discussing the 14 best things to do in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. From soaking up the vibrant atmosphere to enjoying the beautiful weather, there’s no shortage of amazing experiences to be had in this city.
Welcome to The Journey Seeker! Find out all about best things to do in Belo Horizonte, Brazil!
Atmosphere / VibesBelo Horizonte is known for its lively and welcoming atmosphere. Whether you’re strolling through the bustling streets or chatting with locals at a café, you’ll feel the positive energy everywhere you go. The people of Belo Horizonte are known for their friendly and welcoming nature, and they’ll go out of their way to make sure you have a great time.
Weather throughout the yearOne of the best things about Belo Horizonte is the weather. The city experiences a tropical savanna climate, which means you can expect warm temperatures and plenty of sunshine throughout the year. The hottest months are November to March, when temperatures can reach up to 30°C (86°F). The cooler months are June to September, when temperatures hover around 20°C (68°F). No matter when you visit, you’ll be able to enjoy the great outdoors and all that Belo Horizonte has to offer.
Why Belo Horizonte, Brazil is the best place to beThere are so many reasons why Belo Horizonte is the best place to be. For one, the city is known for its delicious cuisine. From hearty feijoada (a traditional Brazilian dish made with black beans and meat) to mouthwatering pastel (a savory fried pastry), you’ll find no shortage of tasty treats to indulge in. Belo Horizonte is also home to a thriving arts and culture scene. From galleries and museums to live music and theater performances, there’s always something going on. And if you’re a nature lover, you’ll be happy to know that Belo Horizonte is surrounded by beautiful parks and forests, perfect for hiking, biking, and exploring.
Cost of TravelBelo Horizonte is a fairly affordable destination, with the cost of living being lower than many other major cities in Brazil. Accommodation, food, and transportation are all relatively inexpensive, making it an ideal destination for budget travelers.
Top 14 best things to do in Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- Visit the Pampulha Art Museum and see works by famous Brazilian architect Oscar Niemeyer.
- Relax and unwind at the São Francisco de Assis Church, known for its striking modernist design.
- Take a stroll through the Mercado Central, a bustling indoor market with stalls selling everything from fresh produce to handmade crafts.
- Experience the nightlife at the Savassi neighborhood, home to a variety of bars, clubs, and restaurants.
- Explore the outdoors at the Parque das Mangabeiras, a beautiful park with hiking trails, picnic areas, and breathtaking views of the city.
- Visit the Inhotim Institute, a contemporary art museum set within a stunning botanical garden.
- Sample some delicious local cuisine at the Feira de Artesan.
- Take a trip to the Mirante do Mangabeiras, a lookout point with panoramic views of the city.
- Visit the Memorial Minas Gerais Vale, a museum dedicated to the history and culture of the state of Minas Gerais.
- Go shopping at the Orla Shopping mall, home to a variety of stores and restaurants.
- Relax at the Jardim Botânico, a beautiful botanical garden with a variety of plants and flowers.
- Learn about the history of Belo Horizonte at the Museu Histórico Abílio Barreto, a museum dedicated to the city’s history.
- Enjoy a performance at the Palácio das Artes, a theater and cultural center with a variety of shows and events.
- Experience the local culture at the Feira de Artesanato, a weekly artisanal fair featuring handmade crafts and traditional food.
ConclusionAs you can see, there’s no shortage of amazing things to do in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. From soaking up the vibrant atmosphere to exploring the city’s rich history and culture, there’s something for everyone in this lively and welcoming city. So why wait? Start planning your trip to Belo Horizonte today!
Have you thought about staying in Belo Horizonte for a little longer and working remotely? Here is another blog post about becoming a Digital Nomad in Belo Horizonte
Did you like this post? Have a look at our other blog posts about living in Brazil, such as Recife, Rio De Janeiro or Recife.